2012 August ExCom Minutes Print
Thursday, 13 September 2012 23:04

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2012

Chairman Laura Lee Symes called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm EDT.  Also in attendance were Jon Deutsch, Clay Johnson, Evan Lewis, Christine Neville and Sherri Campbell.  

1.    The minutes from July 10, 2012 were approved.

2.    Status of action items
a.    Media/website:
i.    Joomla update – no update from Jon, he will follow up with Tracy
ii.    District map update – Lauralee will follow up with Tracy
iii.    Other – suggestion that the last few Tweets be added to the home                     page. Jon will look into this.  Also discussion about the autofeed                     from Sailing News.  Mixed opinion on whether this was a                         worthwhile feature.  We will continue it for now.
b.    Sponsorship: Evan sent out a draft to all earlier this week. Possible sponsors were discussed.  Sherri will put together a Google doc with potential prospects including all current TLS advertisers.  The proposal will be reworked and circulated again to the group before the next call.  
c.    Election plan: no update to the prior set schedule
d.    Regatta Guidelines Update: Sherri is working on and will circulate before the next call.

3.    Office Report
a.    The Laser Sailor: It was decided that photos of non-class legal sails should not be used.  There was further discussion about the content.  It was suggested that the office prepare a Google doc listing the potential content for each quarter. The ExCom could then comment and add to the document as well as help to find authors for articles.
b.    Finances: The reports for July 31st were sent out last week.  Nothing unusual to note.
c.    Membership: Numbers not great for July 31st.  August should be good with Sherri on site at the recent CORK International regatta where 118 members were signed up.  Our membership report for the year goes to ILCA as of 8/31/2012.

4.    North American Championship/AGM recap:  The regatta went very well with a much better than expected attendance.  The AGM had about 12-15 attendees.  Tracy Usher gave a report as the ILCA President.  Further details on the release of the new Standard sail will be clarified with him and reported on our next call.

5.    Other Business
a.    Grand Prix prizes for 2011: Sherri has been trying to get these from LaserPerformance since January with no satisfaction.  Clay has contacted LP and reports that the items are being sent to the class office.    
b.    Christine is interested in organizing a women’s west coast regatta to mirror the event held in Ft Lauderdale in February each year.
c.    Christine has some ideas regarding the Grand Prix system and agreed to work with Sherri on a draft of the 2013 document.

Next call: September 11, 2012.

Meeting adjourned at 9:06 pm