2010 June ExCom Minutes Print
Wednesday, 14 July 2010 21:39

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
June 8, 2010

Chairman Tracy Usher called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm.  Also in attendance were, Lauralee Symes, Jerelyn Biehl, and Sherri Campbell. Tommy Wharton, Brent Richards, Clay Johnson and Eric Faust were unable to make the call.

1. The minutes from May 11, 2010 will be circulated by email for approval

2.  Action Items

a. Media site: Sail Groove people are beginning to work on the site. Sail News should be up very soon.
b. Laser Performance contract: no news.

3. Office Report
a. The Laser Sailor: Hard deadline June 15.
b. Finances:  Finances are routine. $4400 in membership dues for May. Masters bumper stickers paid. June will show a hefty postage bill for the mailing of posters to dealers and district secrtaries
c. Membership: still struggling and down 200 through May.  Over 40 memberships have come in during early June due to the heavy regatta schedule during this time period and upcoming events.

4. Recap of District Secretaries conference call on May 18th – Action items
a. Add junior category to the calendar events
b. Consider adding push pin tags for fleets to the maps
c. Request that Bradley Green upgrade his WordPress program to minimize spam
d. Consider moving district events to middle of the page from the left side
e. Research and development new group email set-up with Jon Deutsch
f. Follow up with Jon Deutsch about Facebook/Twitter instructions for distribution
g. Ask Ken Taylor about use of database by other online registration systems
h. This was a successful thing that we should target every 3 months or quarterly.

5. AGM meeting update: June 24 @ 1800 confirmed with organizers.  Need to post to website with an agenda: Welcome/class status report, financials, schedule, builder’s report, other business, and open session.

6. Old Business: Ask Ken Taylor about a management override to deal with minor issues.

Next call set for July 13.

Meeting adjourned at 8:45 pm