2010 April ExCom Minutes Print
Wednesday, 12 May 2010 18:01

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
April 13, 2010

Chairman Tracy Usher called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm.  Also in attendance were Clay Johnson, Lauralee Symes, Eric Faust and Sherri Campbell. Tommy Wharton, Brent Richards of Laser Performance and Jerelyn Biehl were unable to make the call.

1. The minutes from March 11, 2010 were approved.

2.  Action Items

a. Masters bumper sticker: Tracy will update the background color and we will produce this in time for distribution at the US Masters Nationals.
b. Reconfiguration of District 6 and 22: no update
c. Media site: Tracy is looking into a second proposal from Dieter Loibner of www.sailing-news.us
d. Promotional poster: high res photo ready.  Eric suggested a small amount of white space at the bottom to provide a place to write in a local contact person’s name and contact details.  Tracy will follow up with Bill Symes to see about redesigning the poster for that.  Looking to finalize asap and then print 250 with 100 going to LP dealer and the remainder to our district secretaries
e. Membership drive proposal finalization: no update
f. 4.7 loaner rig program possibility: no update
g. Laser Performance contract: additional wording as requested by LP was added by Sherri and returned to LP.  No response since then.

3. Office Report
a. The Laser Sailor: Spring issue has been printed and is in the mail.
b. Finances: Clay proposed that we transfer funds to two certificates of deposit for $20K each, one for 90 days and a second for 180 days.
c. Membership: 600+ renewal notices were sent out to 2008 non-renewed members in late March. Notices to non-renewed 2009 members will be sent in late April.

4. Regattas
a. Richmond YC requests LMWW for 2012.  Sherri will follow up with them to confirm the date.

5. Summary of calls to District Secretaries
a. Lauralee did not have a chance to make her calls
b. Eric will write up a summary of his calls to D 13,14,15,16,17,20.  In general he reported an underutilization of the database and its tools.  He also noted several requests for extra copies of TLS.
c. Clay will also write up a summary of his calls to five districts.
d. Tracy spoke with the D24 secretary
e. Overall, it seems that we may need to discontinue the use of the Yahoo group for the DS as those communications are either stuck in spam filters or often ignored by the recipients.
f. We will look to organize a DS conference call in early May with an agenda to include:
i. Poster distribution
ii. Use of Regatta Network
iii. Use of the membership database
iv. World Council meeting summary

6. World Council meeting – Tracy spoke briefly about the agenda for the meeting to be held in London next weekend.

Next call set for May 11.

Meeting adjourned at 9:25 pm