2013 June ExCom Minutes Print
Thursday, 10 October 2013 19:03

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
June 3, 2013

Chairman Andy Roy called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm EDT.  Also in attendance were Al Clark, Eric Reitinger, Meka Taulbee, Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell.  

1.The minutes from May 14, 2013 were approved.

2.Status of action items
a.    District Secretary Communication plan: Eric gave a summary of 15 of 26 districts reporting, with notable items:  notification of new members to DS; using the database for DS communications; replacement of DS with incoming leader. Action items/recommendations:
•    have class office use mass database to send out news, updates, etc. Parameters need to be decided of what should be sent out: discern between website, twitter, Facebook, etc.  
•    DS Handbook – re-distribute to DS as a reminder annually.
•    Open lines of communication to DS: send out minutes from ExCom to DS and possibly short updates periodically. Discussion of what information can be released to our members.
•    Class website re-do and possibly add district websites that are same template. Sherri to get quote and present to ExCom for review
•    More messages from President: Andy a bit reluctant to send information while the lawsuit is active.
•    Help Districts with replacements. Post in TLS Fall issue
•    Post results, places to sail, etc. Possibly add into the district templates if the website it redone.
b.    District Website: see above
c.    Laser Website: see above

5.Office Report
a.The Laser Sailor: update on upcoming Summer issue.
b.Finances: financials will come in July.
c.Membership; updated in July
6. AOB

Next call: July 9

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 pm