2013 January ExCom minutes Print
Tuesday, 05 March 2013 20:32

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2013

Chairman Andy Roy called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm EST.  Also in attendance were Lauralee Symes, Eric Reitinger, Meka Taulbee, Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell.  Christine Neville did not attend.

1.The minutes from December 11, 2012 were approved.

2.Status of action items
a.    Unconfirmed 2013 regattas:
•    US Nationals – District 7: Numerous discussions with potential US National hosts. Possible June 22-23 for Cedar Point but unconfirmed.
•    No Coast – District 23: emails out to potential hosts
•    Great Lakes – District 19: emails out to potential hosts
b.    Grand Prix System Proposal for 2014: Christine not on call. With no action, this will be removed from Action items.
c.    District Secretary Communication plan: Decision to design a questionnaire to send out to all DS and follow-up with a conference or individual call.
3.Office Report
a.    The Laser Sailor: Discussion of adding to the website and to the list serve once it’s sent to the printer.  Planning for the Spring issue on Google docs. Put a question on the DS questionnaire for 1 junior and 1 senior to profile.  Contact Ben Richardson for interview.
b.    Finances: Distributed to the ExCom yesterday. The final tax return for 9/30/2012 has been received & filed.  LP sponsorship question was raised and Andy will contact Tracy Usher for guidance.
c.    Membership: Membership has been low with responses and it’s hard to determine if it’s due to the new timing.  Renewals should increase with the Midwinters.
5. Other Business
a.    2013 worlds entry needs to be communicated to the sailors and in                     particular the masters.
b.    Eric Reitinger is now admin for Facebook & Twitter feeds.
c.    Discussion of conference call costs.  Andy Roy may be reimbursed at the                 end of the year for expenses rather than going back to 800 number service.
d.    Reimbursement of Regatta Network fees if your regatta is using RN.                  Peter Seidenberg brought the issue up and it has been included in ILCA-                NA Regatta Guidelines.

Next call: February 12, 2013.

Meeting adjourned at 7:46 pm