Site Mast
Useful Information

ILCA Class Rules
2018 Worlds Qualification Rules
2019 Worlds Qualification Rules
2018 ILCA-NA Grand Prix
2018 Grand Prix Standings
ILCA-NA Major Event Schedule
ILCA-NA District Championships
ILCA-NA Masters Event Schedule
Map of Event Locations
All Events

Upcoming Events
2012 September ExCom Minutes PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 10 October 2012 21:26

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
September 11, 2012

Chairman Laura Lee Symes called the meeting to order at 8:05 pm EDT.  Also in attendance were Jon Deutsch, Clay Johnson, Evan Lewis, Christine Neville and Sherri Campbell.  

1.    The minutes from August 14, 2012 were approved.

2.    Status of action items
a.    Media/website:
i.    Joomla update – no specific updates from Jon. He suggested that we consider replacing the entire website with something more user friendly.  Sherri will supply associated costs for the current site to the ExCom.
ii.    District map update – some progress now that Lauralee and Sherri are aware of the current status.  They hope to get the update posted soon.
b.    Sponsorship: no update at this time  
c.    Regatta Guidelines Update: Sherri is working on and will circulate before the next call.
d.    2013 Grand Prix document: Sherri has forwarded a draft to Christine for further editing and new ideas.  Christine will circulate to the group before the next call

3.    Office Report
a.    The Laser Sailor: The deadline for the Fall issue is coming up on Sept. 15th.  Jerelyn has circulated a document with the planned coverage.  She will be updating that same spreadsheet to include each of the quarterly issue and the static items to be included.
b.    Finances: The reports for August 31st were sent out last week.  Only one more month left in this fiscal year.  The payment for our ILCA dues will be made in Sept.  We should be well within budget for 2012 and should be thinking of projects for next year and budgeting for those.
c.    Membership: Our membership report for the year was sent to ILCA as of 8/31/2012 for 1974.  This number is our lowest yet.  We need to impress upon the district secretaries to help and require membership at all district championships.

4.    District Websites – several are currently hosting by The Laser Forum in the care of Bradley Green.  Most of those are not working.  Jon believes that a template type of site can be designed and made available to our districts for a relatively low cost.  He will follow up with Bradley and look into the possibility of setting something up that we can offer to the districts in need.

5.    Other Business
a.    Election of Officers – Sherri reviewed the calendar as set by our by-laws.  She will resend the document to all.  Sherri asked all to confirm their willingness to continue in their current position by the end of the week. Lauralee announced that she will not run for the position of North American Chairman but is willing to stay on the ExCom in another capacity if elected.  It was also discussed that there is a schedule ILCA World Council meeting on November 17 & 18 in London.  Lauralee is planning to attend as our representative given the timing and need to have an air reservation being too close to our election to have the new chairman attend.
b.    Sherri reported that the class office recently received the 2011 Grand Prix prizes from Laser Performance.  The prizes will be distributed as soon as possible to the winners.

Next call: October 9, 2012.

Meeting adjourned at 8:57 pm

Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 October 2012 21:30
 

FacebookFollow the laser ClassTwitter

Banner
Banner
Administrator Login