Site Mast
Useful Information

ILCA Class Rules
2018 Worlds Qualification Rules
2019 Worlds Qualification Rules
2018 ILCA-NA Grand Prix
2018 Grand Prix Standings
ILCA-NA Major Event Schedule
ILCA-NA District Championships
ILCA-NA Masters Event Schedule
Map of Event Locations
All Events

Upcoming Events
2010 March ExCom Minutes PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 28 April 2010 18:10

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
March 11, 2010

Chairman Tracy Usher called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm.  Also in attendance were Clay Johnson, Lauralee Symes, Eric Faust and Sherri Campbell. Tommy Wharton, Brent Richards of LaserPerformance and Jerelyn Biehl were unable to make the call.

1. The minutes from February 9, 2010 were approved.

2.  Action Items

a. Masters Bumper sticker: it was decided to go forward with this.  Tracy will update the background color and we will produce this in time for distribution at the US Masters Nationals.
b. Reconfiguration of District 6 and 22: Lauralee has a message in to Mike Gilbert about a change for D22. 
c. Media site: good coverage by Sailgroove at LMWE. Tracy will follow-up further about ways to integrate a media site into our current website.
d. Promotional poster: delay in access to the high res photo.  Eric suggested a small amount of white space at the bottom to provide a place to write in a local contact person’s name and contact details.  Lauralee will follow up with Bill Symes to see about redesigning the poster for that.
e. Membership drive proposal finalization: it was decided to table this until the fall.  In the meantime, Tracy will work with Regatta Network to add the fleet detail to the online database.  It was also agreed that each member of the ExCom will be assigned a few district secretaries to personally contact to help promote membership follow up.  Lauralee will assign the DSs to each ExCom member. Sherri will come up with a list of ‘talking points’ to be used in those phone conversations.  It was also agreed that a conference call with all DS might be helpful.  We will try to set that up for mid-April to help launch the sailing season.
f. 4.7 loaner rig program possibility: Sherri reported that Brent will outline a program of between 12 and 24 rigs in correlation with fleets and dealers in his builder’s article for the spring issue of TLS.

3. Office Report
a. The Laser Sailor: March 15 is the next deadline. The list of reports already received was read by Sherri.  It was agreed to hold this issue to include a report from LMWW.
b. Finances: most of the PayPal money has been moved to the checking account. Clay & Sherri will discuss transfer of some of those fund to a CD for a better interest rate.  Sherri also reported that Brent had indicated by phone that LP has not yet signed the sponsorship contract.  They are requesting that some further language be inserted into the contract regarding insistence of only class legal equipment at all major, regional and district regattas.  All agreed that this was fine and Sherri will write the proposed language and communicate with LP.
c. Membership: membership numbers are down from the last 2 years.  Renewal notices will be sent out to 2008 non-renewed members in late March as well as to non-renewed 2009 members in April.

 


4. Regattas
a. 2011 preliminary schedule:  many updates have been inserted with dates and venues confirmed.  Only a few regional regattas remain open.

5. AOB – Tracy mentioned that a World Council meeting in the new format will be held in London in mid-April.

Next call set for April 13th.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm

 

FacebookFollow the laser ClassTwitter

Banner
Banner
Administrator Login