Site Mast
Useful Information

ILCA Class Rules
2015  Worlds Qualification Rules
2015 ILCA-NA Grand Prix
2014 Grand Prix Standings
ILCA-NA Major Event Schedule
ILCA-NA District Championships
ILCA-NA Master's Event Schedule
Map of Event Locations
All Events

Upcoming Events
ILCA-NA Member Login



2010 February ExCom Minutes PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 12 March 2010 20:16

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2010

Chairman Tracy Usher called the meeting to order at 8:00 pm.  Also in attendance were Clay Johnson, Lauralee Symes, Brent Richards of LaserPerformance, Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell. Tommy Wharton and Eric Faust were unable to make the call.

1. The minutes from January 12, 2010 were approved.

2.  Action Items

a. Masters Bumper sticker: suggest waiting for another month.
b. Reconfiguration of District 6 and 22: Lauralee spoke with Andy Hunt who commented that his region would be small, but Lauralee believes that the reconfiguration should go through.  3 Seattle names were given as possible District Secretaries. Lauralee will follow up with Mike Gilbert about a change for D22.
c. Media site: Tracy will follow-up.
d. Promotional poster: delay in access to the high res photo may be until April before distribution.  Cost was discussed as well as distribution. It was concluded that 250 posters should be created once a final version has been created for production. LP will provide a list of dealers and the rest to District Secretaries.
e. Membership drive proposal finalization: Modification of user database has been discussed with Regatta Network to include dropdown option. Sherri will discuss with the embroidery contact> Cost for hats was $9.75 each with a fleet or District Sec. shipment. Tracy and Lauralee will work on finalizing a draft with an intended review by the ExCom by Feb 17.  A phone conference will be scheduled during the week with the DS, after MWE to roll out the proposal.
f. 2011 Grand Prix prize details: 1st place is a sail; rudder for 2nd, package for 3rd with new blocks and centerboard stop. Ironman category to be added.  Brent will look into additional prizes for the Ironman winners.
g. 4.7 loaner rig program possibility: Brent will outline a program between 12 and 24 rigs in correlation with fleets and dealers by next month.

3. Office Report
a. The Laser Sailor: March 15 is the next deadline.
b. Finances: nothing major to discuss.  Brent added that LP is about to finalize the contract with ILCA-NA for 2010.  Clay and Sherri suggested moving the PayPal money to a CD or preferred savings account for a better rate, or a mixture.  A motion was made by Clay Johnson that the Executive Secretary is authorized to open a savings and/or CD at Union Bank to place funds into a situation that will produce better income revenue. Seconded by Lauralee Symes. Motion approved.
c. Membership: membership numbers are a bit down.  There should be some more registrations with MWE.

 


4. Regattas
a. 2010 Worlds berth status: Entries information is out and rankings were due mid-January.  NA requested late ranking dates for Sr. Standard and Women’s Radials. All other events applicants have been ranked.  There are 8 North American sailors entered for the upcoming 4.7 Worlds which will be held in Thailand in late March – early April.
b. 2011 preliminary schedule: no updates.

5. AOB – Laralee commented on the website – finding the membership link is confusing. Tracy will try to make it more clear.

Next call set for March 9th.

Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm

Last Updated on Friday, 12 March 2010 21:11
 

FacebookFollow the laser ClassTwitter

Banner
Banner
Administrator Login