Site Mast
Useful Information

ILCA Class Rules
2018  Worlds Qualification Rules
2017 ILCA-NA Grand Prix
2017 Grand Prix Standings
ILCA-NA Major Event Schedule
ILCA-NA District Championships
ILCA-NA Masters Event Schedule
Map of Event Locations
All Events

Upcoming Events
ILCA-NA Member Login



2014 December ExCom Minutes PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 20 January 2015 00:37

ILCA-NA Executive Committee
Meeting Minutes
December 9, 2014

Chairman Andy Roy called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm EST.  Also in attendance were Tracy Usher, Al Clark, John Long, Eric Reitinger, Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell.  

1.The minutes from November 11, 2014 call were approved as distributed.

2.Action Items
a. 2015 CAN Nationals Venue: CORK is available to hold in June.  D2 expressed      interest. Andy to go back to CORK.
b. 2015 Great Lakes Open & Masters venue: Andy will work on filling venue.
c.World Council meeting summary – Al Clark gave a short update on discussions on the builders making the boats more identical.  Plans are moving ahead for Worlds in Kingston for 2015 and 2016 venues to be announced once contracts are finalized.

3.Office Report
a.    The Laser Sailor: Winter issue all ready to go to printer. Waiting for Laser World insert.  
b.    Finances & membership: Sherri distributed finances & membership reports. The tax return for  9/30/14 has been filed.  
c.    Membership: the percentage column was added to show the change in members as compared to each District from 2013.  Renewal notices continue to be mailed & emailed.  

4. New Business
a. 2015 Grand Prix rules document review. No major changes other than the year.  Document was approved as circulated.  Sherri will post to the website.
b. Jon Deutsch (D11) email review: Sherri will draft before Andy responds.
c. Tracy Usher discussed availability of parts. Centerboards & rudders in particular are difficult as LP had been producing in China, which has now ceased and the mfg has moved to RI.  Supplied sails are also difficult as they are keeping inventory low in anticipation of the new sail release.  LP has made a commitment to improve the supply situation going forward. Discussion of added equipment inspection to ensure Class legal equipment is being used at events.  The new sail will be sold with a new distribution model through dealer. The old sail will be sold through dealers at a competitive price with the training sail. Discussion of Class membership & value.  
d. Review of email from Pam Newton to Andy regarding her request for Andy to submit a set of hypothetical rules questions to US Sailing.  It was suggested that she submit her questions via the proper channels at US Sailing.
e. Mission Bay YC would like to host MWW. A discussion followed of venues & bid requirements.

Next call: January 13, 2015
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm

 

FacebookFollow the laser ClassTwitter

Banner
Banner
Administrator Login